The 42nd Annual ARML Competition will be held on
Begin Registration (Login)
Registration Information and Instructions
June 2nd and June 3rd, 2017.
The registration deadline is May 9, 2017.
SAT Alternate Date Info. From The College Board Invoices Score Sheet Proctor and Alternates Form
"Some Mathematical Ideas Used in the Competition" ARML Competition Rules Scoring Procedure
Instructions for Relay Round Teams That Must Compete In Division A
Coach Certificate Participant Certificate Sample Medical Information and Waiver Form (Penn State)
Registration InformationImportant Notes:
- The deadline for registering for ARML 2017 is May 09, 2017. You must initiate your registration as soon as possible. You will need to create a new login name and password. At the very least we need to know how many teams you will be bringing to the competition. Please make every effort to enter all of the required information, including housing information, into the database by the deadline. This is a large scale event which takes place at four separate sites. Coordinated preparation with regard to travel, housing, food, and the competition itself involve many people who utilize the information that you provide in order to ensure a world class competition. Thus, large scale changes can typically not be made after the deadline has passed.
- It is the responsibility of every team to ensure that permission is obtained from each student's parent or guardian when traveling to ARML. Every team should develop its own permission form which should state that permission has been granted. A parents or guardian's signature should be required on this form. An example is provided at the bottom of this page. The form should comply with all of the requirements of the organization sending the team. Since these requirements vary from team to team, there is no general "Permission Form" provided on this website. These forms need not be submitted to ARML. Each university requires that every student on every team has completed a form similar to the one above called, "Medical Information and Waiver Form." It is the responsibility of the adults in charge of the team to produce this signed form in the event that a student requires medical attention.
- The team registration fee is $400 per team . The registration fee for students participating as alternates is $25.
- The per-person fee for housing and the competition is $65 per student at Penn State, Iowa, and Georgia. At UNLV it is $70.
- The ARML fees may be paid via www.paypal.com. Please add 3% to the total bill. Paypal charges ARML for this service. Please send the money to email@example.com if using www.paypal.com.
- If a team has not participated in the past three ARML contests, then the registration fee of $400 is waived for that team. This includes teams that are new to the ARML competition.
- The registration process will be similar to the format used last year. Please use the "Site-Specific" tab above to obtain current versions of the Proctor Manual and detailed site specific information.
- You will be able to edit your information up to the registration deadline.. After registration has closed, you will not be able to make any changes online. Minor adjustments such as room assignments can be made when you check in. Please make every effort to provide an accurate count of rooms that you will need.
- No-Show Fee, Late Registration Fee, and Late Payment Fee.
- Teams requiring fewer rooms than requested by the registration deadline may be charged a no-show fee of $25 per student.
- If you initiate your registration after the registration deadline has past a late fee of $50 per 15 member team will be charged.
- Lost Key Fee: Students and adults will be issued keys to dorm rooms. It is very important to make sure that this key is returned to the housing office when the team checks out. All of the sites impose a fee for lost keys which could be as much as $58 per lost key. Keys may not be turned in late to avoid the fee. In short, the exact number of keys that were signed out must be returned at the time that the team checks out. ARML will impose the lost key fee on the teams that are missing keys at checkout.
- All payments will be made at the coaches meeting. Payments do not need to be mailed in prior to the contest. Every effort should be made to pay the registration fees at the contest. A late payment fee of $100 per payer will be charged for teams who have not paid by September 30.
- It is necessary to institute the above fees due to the fact that ARML incurs additional expenses when a team shows up requiring fewer rooms than they reserved, initiates registration after the deadline, and/or pays late.
- the names of your teams,
- contact information for the head coach and at least one other coach per team,
- the time and day of arrival and departure,
- the names of your students, and
- the roommate pairings for your students and coaches.
- Boxed lunches are provided at Penn State and Iowa. We will be asking for your each student and adult's lunch choice.
Registration: Upon registering, you will be asked to provide:
Waiver: The Head Coach of each team will be required to have the parent/guardian of each student who competes to complete a waiver similar to the one that follows.
On behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, I hereby waive and release any and all rights and claims for damages I may have against you, the school district, Penn State University as well as any other persons connected with the American Regions Math League and its competition, their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns for any and all injuries which my child may suffer while taking part in the American Regions Math League and/or competition or as a result thereof.
Please cut and paste the above paragraph and signature line into a document that you will distribute to your team. You should also edit it to reflect the site that you will be attending.
The head coach may also want to include the organization that sponsors your team. For example: "...any other persons connected with the American Regions Math League, the ABC ARML Math Team, etc. ..."